- Tip, sometimes called the bead – comes in a variety of shapes and sizes dependent upon the desired sound
- Neck – thinnest part of the stick
- Shoulder – the tapering of the shaft into the neck
- Shaft, sometimes called the body – the central-most part of the stick and the area used for producing rim shots
- Grip – area where the hand holds or grips the stick, using either the matched or traditional grip
- Butt, or Butt-end – the back-end of the stick; produces a fuller sound when used to strike the drum
Download the PDF here.
Leave a Reply